Bourgeois Thinking...


(click on pic to enlarge)

This pic was sent to me by a reader (thanks Peter M.); I believe it's called "Corporate World." However funny it is, this is unfortunately the kind of 'corporation-bashing' that, as it turns out, says more about people than about corporations. Our North-American take-everything-for-granted/everything-is-owed-to-us egos certainly have just as much to do with the reality behind this type of inefficient corporate structure as does corporate excess.

So here's my take on this: the city-worker cliché can also be extended to any other societal group.
For example: to describe the typical 'bourgeois' attitude, simply replace the captions with things like: I don't give a sh*t; I got my own problems; Those fat cats don't pay me enough; I don't want to be here; I studied to be here; I'm really an actor...; I would, but..., etc., and then replace 'Herbert' with words like 'Third world labour,' or 'World Hunger, or how about simply, 'Needs Help'...
Other fun themes to play with are: Republicans, the Catholic Church, IMF, Neighbours, etc.
.
Keep on clicking!

PDL

© 2009, Pascal-Denis Lussier
.

No comments:


Down My Street and Up Yours. Copyrights © 2008 - 2011 by pdl com. All rights reserved. Except for brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews, no part of this blog may be used in any manner whatsoever without written permission from the owner. For information contact: pdlussier[at]downmystreetandupyours.org